Please note that this post may contain affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.Jump to Recipe
Chicken Avocado Burritos
If you are in a hurry to make lunch or dinner, it might be time for you to try these healthy chicken avocado burritos! They are an easy and delicious meal that can be made even easier by throwing them in the freezer. If you have 15 minutes, you can put these delicious burritos together and have meals for days!
Burritos and wraps are my go-to budget and time friendly meals, so I always try to have a lot stocked up. My husband would eat burritos every day for lunch and dinner if I let him, too, so I have to make more every week!
This recipe is for the base idea of a chicken avocado burrito, but you can always add more seasoning. I do! I like to marinate the chicken in some olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, and some extra lime juice. But you can experiment and find what works for your family!
This is a very filling recipe thanks to that deliciously fatty avocado and the protein in the chicken. If you’re a vegan or vegetarian, you can use faux chicken, too!
And if you’re serving a family or a party, you don’t have to wrap everything up right away. Display them in bowls and let the party build the burritos themselves!
The meat from a rotisserie chicken or a chicken you roasted will be delicious in this while also leaving you bones for a hearty bone broth later, too. Use up those birds!
Chicken Avocado Burritos
- 2 cups shredded chicken seasoned to your tastes and needs (try salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and basil)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 4 large tortillas
- (If your chicken is uncooked) Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan or cast iron pan. Place chicken sprinkled with your seasonings of choice and roast for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Cut your cooked chicken into thin strips or dice into cubes.
- Mix the chicken, cheese, cilantro, and diced avocados.
- Spread sour cream onto each tortilla. I usually spread it pretty thin, but do this to your taste.
- Add the mixture on top of the sour cream.
- Roll your burritos.
- (If you’re freezing them for later) place them into tupperware or a freezer bag and freeze now. Allow to thaw before doing the next step.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and cook all 4 burritos for about 2 minutes on medium heat. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes until the burritos are golden.
- Serve warm.