When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you need to add some moodiness or angst to your romance novel? Try some of my writing prompts!
I like using writing prompts when I’m outlining my novels to make sure I’m keeping the mood consistent and keeping in mind that things can always get worse.
Writing prompts are useful for:
- Defining the course of a relationship
- Finding new ways to torture your characters
- Creating an emotionally consistent book
- Creating unique, three dimensional characters that you want to get to know better
- Giving those characters a backstory without having to write and memorize a full biography
- Adding new plot points to your outlines
- Defining the emotions in scenes
Below you’ll find my modern romance writing prompts! Feel free to use them however you like.
No one was brave enough to tell her he was dead.
Your lover killed your parents. What would get you to forgive him and choose to still love him?
You fall in love with a ruthless murderer. What deep dark secret do you find out that explains everything about him?
No matter what happens, we’ll always have the place where we first met.
I don’t blame you for hating me. I hate myself for hurting you, too.
He was beautiful as a prince, but cruel as a dictator.
If you’re looking for more, I have a writing prompts board on Pinterest! This is where I store the best prompts I find on Pinterest, as well as the writing prompts I make. Head over there to join in the fun, and don’t forget to follow me! I have a lot of boards that will be useful for writers and authors of all kinds.